Every companies have different departments.1 Every departments have different goals and operating procedures. But to a customer, they don’t see these different departments – they only see one company. So, it’s very important everyone in the company work as a team. Finding the key for team work success can be summarized in the following steps:
- Prepare to succeed.
- State your positive intent.
- Describe the issue fairly.
- Facilitate the discussion.
- Gain agreement on next steps.
It comes down to persistence and positive thinking. Refrain from blaming each other. Do understand what others are going through. Focus on helping the customer.
Most of all, follow through on the agreed next steps. Nothing is more rewarding than a happy (and returning) customer!
- Some companies aptly call departments as “divisions”. [↩]