Windows 7 has upgraded security. This will effectively cause trouble in making connections to legacy apps (ie. Windows XP supported). One of them is Samba on Unix.
Fortunately, there’s a solution to this:
- Open Control Panel.
- Choose Administrative Tools.
- Click Local Security Policy.
- Under Local Policies and Security Options:
- Change Network security: LAN Manager Authentication Level to “Send LM & NTLM responses”
- Change Minimum Session Security for NTLM SSP to disable “Require 128-bit encryption” into “No Minimum Security”.